COST & FUNDING
What’s another great Recess Rocks benefit?
The low cost! But a few key expenses do exist and include:
Unless you rely on volunteers, you need to hire movement instructors.
- Fees may depend on location, the number of children and classes, and length of class time.
Please seek professional advice in this regard.
- Schools may be covered under an existing policy.
- Movement instructors may be covered under the school’s policy and/or may wish to obtain a group fitness policy.
Good sound equipment is essential. Kids need to hear the music and directions, whether the class is big or small, indoors or outside.
- An all-in-one portable sound system with a wireless mic is just right, is priced at about $230, and may be found online or at retailers carrying sound equipment.
Please refer to the Recess Rocks Implementation Guide for other program cost details.
Cover Recess Rocks program costs with these clever funding ideas.
- Contact your school PTO/PTA to organize a fundraiser.
- Tap into local or school-related arts and culture committee funds.
- Approach movement instructors and offer to exchange free school or district-wide publicity for free classes.
- Check your state's department of education for active classroom grants.
- Check for fitness and wellness grants provided by the Department of Public Health, the Department
of Education and healthcare foundations.
- Check for funding provided by Big Y®, Huggies®, the New England Dairy & Food Council and Alliances.